How To Show A Dialog Pop Up Using Triggers
In this article we’ll explain how you can create dialog pop ups to use in conjunction with triggers. This will allow you to show a dialog once a learner has completed a specific action. For example, once they have completed an accordion component, a dialog pop up will appear.
- Creating a logic dialog
- Creating the trigger
Creating a dialog
- From the Course Builder select Edit Course Settings
- Select the Logic Dialog tab and then select Add Dialog
- You can now begin to create your Dialog including:
- Internal Title - this is important to add so you can easily find your dialog when adding to a trigger
- Display Title
- Body Text
- Media type
- Navigation - set the content the learner will be navigated to when they close the dialog
You have now created your dialog to be used as part of a trigger!
Creating the trigger
We’ll now explain how to show the dialog as part of a trigger.
- Go to Logic
- Click on Triggers
- Select Add Trigger
- Once you have added the trigger you need to set it up, including:
- Name the trigger - e.g. show dialog after accordion
- Set the trigger event - in this case we need to set it to components completed
- Set the trigger condition - in this case we need to find the component that must be completed for the trigger to run
- Set the trigger action - in this case we want to choose show dialog and then choose the dialog from the dropdown list
You have now created a trigger that will show a dialog pop up once the accordion component has been completed!
Did this article help?
Let us know by leaving a star rating or review at the top of this article.