Intellum offers a powerful native report writer that gives you direct access to the data tables behind your account, Reports makes it easy to quickly pull a report on data captured in any field. There are 31 report types available to help you get started - you can find a list of those at the end of this article.
This article walks you through accessing the reporting tool and creating a new report and introduces you to report columns, queries, and properties.
From the left navigation menu, click on the Reports tab. On the Report List page, you'll see all saved Reports listed by type. Clicking any report title will allow you to view and edit that particular report.
Unrestricted admin have access to create, edit, run, and/or duplicate all reports. Restricted admin can be granted access to create and edit their own reports and can be given access to run all, or specified reports.
Create a New Report
Think about what data in the platform best applies to the problem or question at hand before creating a Report.
Try to answer these two questions when starting a new report:
- What problem should the data solve or what question should it answer?
- Which Report Type gets you closest to the data needed to solve that problem or answer that question?
- Navigate to Reports in the admin nav.
- Click New Report.
- Choose a Report Type from the dropdown.
- Give your new report a Name - a report's name can be modified.
- Click Create.
You are taken to the Report page - you'll use the tools on this page build your Report query, filter your Report for clarity, and manage your Report output.
New Report Page
1.) Report Columns
- You'll find the default columns for the report type you chose included in the Report Columns section. You can remove columns, drag & drop to reorder columns, or click Add Column to include additional columns.
- Create a customized Query to pinpoint exactly the data you need. A default query for each report type is included as a starting point.
3.) Preview, Export, Save
- Reports run in the background to ensure reliability. For a preview of results before export or save, just click Preview.
- You can Export a report if it's data-heavy, needs further manipulation, or needs to be shared outside of the platform. Export reports in CSV, XML, HTML, Excel, or PDF file formats.
- Maintain the report and all of its current properties. When you Save a new report, you are taken to the report's Properties page. Report columns and queries can be edited
Report Columns help you customize the report data you aggregate and how that data is displayed. Columns available in a report are tied to report type.
Report Columns can be managed before a report is saved or updated through an existing report's Properties tab.
You can maintain the included columns, delete columns with the X icon, or add columns. Drag and drop columns to reorder them in the report output.
> If you make changes to a report, be sure to Save the report and/or Preview new report results to confirm those changes.
- Click + Add Column to browse available columns for your report type. Select the column from the list to add it your report.
- Grouping a column aggregates the data in your report by that column. Click the menu icon again to remove the grouping.
Click the Hide Details checkbox in a report's Properties to hide row details. Only row counts and summary columns will be included in the report output.
A report's Query button lets you use filters to define the data that should included in your report. Filters available in a report are tied to report type.
Query filters are defined using up to three fields:
Filters with defined parameters:
- a database field (based on report type)
- a defined parameter (based on database field)
Filters with qualifiers:
- a database field (based on report type)
- a filter operator, such as "is", "contains", "does not contain"
- a text, number, status or date value qualifier (as applicable)
You add more filters to the query by using the blue + sign. To remove a filter, simply click the - button.
- Adding the same column for filtering creates an OR operator in your query and can broaden your search.
- Adding different columns for filtering creates an AND operator in your query and can narrow your search.
> In very rare cases, you may need to create a separate set of filters in addition to your initial query. Click Add Union to include those columns for filtering. Adding a Union joins your initial query with a completely separate query. This can can result in large, and complex, results. We recommend working with filters before adding a union.
Click Preview to see the results of an updated Query before saving. Click Save to maintain any updates you make to a Query.
Saved Reports | Navigation
Saved reports are run, managed, and shared through the following tabs:
- the Report page gives admin access to apply a quick filter to the report, preview report results, export a report, or subscribe to a report.
If shared, Report pages are accessible to Unrestricted admin and Restricted admin (with the appropriate permissions)
- report Properties give admin access to update a report's name, the columns and details included, and the Query used to pull the report data.
A report's Properties are accessible to the Unrestricted or Restricted admin that created the report. If Report Sharing is enabled, a report's Properties will be accessible to all Unrestricted admin.
- Admin Permissions lets a report creator enable Report Sharing. If enabled, the report is accessible to all Unrestricted admin, and can be shared with specific Restricted admin or groups of Restricted admin.
The following Report Types are currently available:
|Action Link Logs||Queries logs of learner interaction with Action Links including the date and time of referral, the Link referrer, and the subsequent Action(s) in the platform.|
|Activities||Queries all Activities and can include any Activity field.|
|Activity Enrollment Tasks||Queries the tasks tracked in enrollments. The Report can include fields for Enrollment, task, Activity, and User fields.|
|Activity Enrollment Video Statuses||Queries the videos watched in Enrollments. The Report can include fields for Enrollment, Activity video, and Activity fields.|
|Activity Enrollments||Queries all Activities’ Enrollments. The report can include fields for Enrollment, Activity, Activity session, and User fields.|
|Activity Events||Queries Activity sessions and can include Activity and evets fields.|
|Activity Reviews||Queries all Activity reviews and can include review, Activity, and User fields.|
|Admin Permissions||Queries permissions granted to Users or Groups on Activities, events, Letters and Reports.|
|Assessment Response Questions||Queries individual question responses to Activity assessments and can include question, question response, Activity, Activity session, and User fields.|
|Assessment Responses||Queries all Activity assessment responses and can include response, Activity, Activity session, and User fields.|
|Collection Content||Queries Collections with content and content creator names.|
|Comments||Queries all comments created by your Users.|
|Evaluations||Queries manager and User position-based Evaluations.|
|Evolve Interactions||Queries user interactions with Evolve components.|
|Evolve Item Interactions||Queries user interactions with individual items within Evolve components.|
|External Credits||Queries the external credits of Users and can include external credit and User fields.|
|Letter Logs||Queries all Letters that were sent out and can include User, Activity and Letter trigger|
|Log Entries||Queries the System Log of queued jobs and can include any of the log fields.|
|Notifications||Queries all the Notification cards that were created and engaged with.|
|Page and Path Content||Queries Paths with content and content creator names.|
|Page, Path, and Collection Enrollments||Queries the Activities of Path and Collection Enrollments. The report can include fields for Enrollment, Path/Collection, Path/Collection Activities, and User fields.|
|Reported Activities||Queries the Activities that have been reported/flagged by a User.||Reported Assessment Questions||Queries feedback left for individual assessment questions.|
|Reported Comments||Queries the comments that have been reported/flagged by a User.|
|SCORM/AICC Interactions||Queries User interactions with SCORM/AICC Courseware.|
|Search Terms||Queries all searches performed by users and associated search results.|
|Survey Response Questions||Queries individual question responses to Activity surveys and can include question, question response, Activity, Activity session, and User fields.|
|Survey Responses||Queries all Activity survey responses and can include response, Activity, Activity session, and User fields.|
|Topic Follows||Queries all Topics following interactions and can include Topic and User fields.|
|Topics||Queries all topics|
|User Enrollments||Similar query as Activity Enrollments reports, except that it will show a User even if they are not enrolled in an Activity. The report can include fields for Enrollment, Activity, Activity session, and User fields.|
|Users||Queries all Users and can include any User field.|
|Waitlist||Queries all the people on a waitlist for event enrollment.|